Thursday, May 21, 2009

39 Weeks

Still holding on at 39 weeks! As of now, I still feel pretty good. I'm still putting in around 20 hours at the office, and a few more at home just to stay caught up. Once Mackayla gets here, I'll take a few weeks off, and then slowly work back up to my normal hours (and I can take Mackayla with me!). To compare this pregnancy to my first, I've gained the same amount of weight with both--29 pounds with Mackenzie (born at 41 weeks), and I'm up to 25 pounds with Mackayla (currently at 39 weeks). I don't feel like I'm as big with Mackayla, but I think that's because Mackenzie was born in August, and I got so swollen due to the heat, that I looked bigger:-).
As for Mackenzie, she is doing wonderfully. She and I enjoy our mornings sleeping in (thank God I have a kid who loves to sleep as much as I do!). She has a new obsession--Secret Agent Oso, a new cartoon on the Disney channel. She happened to see it one morning, and she has fallen in love. It's actually a pretty cute cartoon, and it has her breaking down chores into steps like Oso does. It's so funny to watch her brush her teeth: "Ok, Mommy, step one: wet the toothbrush. Step two: brush your teeth. Step three: Spit!" And it's all done in the sing-song voice like on the cartoon. She also is a master on the computer, and loves to play the Disney games online. I have to admit, I don't mind hearing it in the background--Sean Astin does the voiceover for Oso, and I still have a sweet spot for him from my adolescent days of watching The Goonies!
Jon is doing well, too. He has been so great during this pregnancy; whatever I've needed (or wanted), he's been awesome about helping me. I did get to pamper him some this week after he had some dental work done, so it's not all one-sided!
We have a doctor's appointment Friday, so I'll update again tomorrow.

0 comments: