Saturday, January 9, 2010

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve was spent with the Cronon's. Before Jon's family came over, while Mackenzie was taking a nap, Mackayla and I had a photo shoot in front of the tree...
...she does love to pose...
..."Mom, where'd ya go?"...

...that turned into chaos as soon as I stood up! Mackayla got herself under the tree in record time. She waited all season to make her move. :-)

Nanny, Papa, Mackenzie and Mackayla (Mackenzie is definitely my kid--that's usually how my eyes look in pictures!) Kenzie was so cute--as she would open gifts, she would tackle the person it was from and hug them and say thank you! Kenzie's face as her largest present was brought in... ...the enormous brown bear she had asked for!
We bought Kenzie a DS this year. Trying to have everything ready, we took it out of the box to charge it.I thought I had put all the gift stuff away (b/c of course I was wrapping 2 hours before gift time), and let Mackenzie come downstairs after her nap. A while later, she saw the empty DS box and asked if it was her pink DS. I felt horrible when I told her it was her Nanny's, and she cried for what seemed like forever. I reminded her that Christmas wasn't over, and she didn't know what she would be getting. So Jon and I decided we couldn't just let her unwrap it and be done, we needed to really surprise her with it. So I wrapped it in one wrapping paper, then wrapped that again in a different wrapping paper, then put it inside another box (the box for a gift my parents had already given her), then wrapped that box.
I love her face when she finally got to the last wrapping, and saw her pink DS!Of course, the Phineas and Ferb game to play on her DS.

0 comments: